The College was opened on 31 January 1944 with a student enrolment of 17 (all males). Mr. K. J. Dickens (Snr Inspector of schools) was the first Principal. Messrs Abu Wemah and J. C. Annan (both Second Division Teachers) were the other two members of the teaching staff.
1944– Two-Year Certificate “B” Teacher Training Course; shortly started the 2 year Cert ‘A’ post “B” course
1961—One-Year Rural Agricultural Science Course and later upgraded to a Two-year Agriculture Science Specialist Course
1967– First 2-year Post Sec. Teacher Training College Course in Ghana.
1972/73— Started 3-Year Post-Sec Teacher Training Course
1972/73 – Two-Year Specialist Courses in General Science and Mathematics was started in addition to the already existing Agric Science Course.
In 1983/4 a Post-Middle Modular Programme was also mounted.
In 1987/88 the ‘A’ Post Sec. Modular Teacher Programme was introduced (short-lived).
In 2004-2009 the College also ran the Untrained Teachers Programme (Dipl.& Cert. ‘A’).
Currently, the College runs both Degree and Diploma in Basic Education Programme.